30 November 2020
PureTech Health plc
PureTech to Host Virtual R&D Day for Investors on December 11, 2020
Agenda includes expert-led discussions on therapeutic opportunities in the lymphatic system, fibrosis and immuno-oncology
PureTech management to share research and clinical strategies for leveraging leadership in the lymphatic system and related immunology with the potential to deliver highly differentiated medicines
PureTech Health plc (LSE: PRTC, Nasdaq: PRTC) ("PureTech" or the "Company"), a clinical-stage biotherapeutics company dedicated to discovering, developing and commercializing highly differentiated medicines for devastating diseases, will host its first R&D Day on Friday, December 11, 2020, beginning at 9:00 a.m., Eastern Time. The virtual program will showcase PureTech's scientific leadership in lymphatics and related immune pathways and share insights across its Wholly Owned Pipeline, which includes LYT-100, a clinical-stage anti-fibrotic and anti-inflammatory product candidate being advanced for the potential treatment of interstitial lung diseases and lymphedema, and LYT-200, a product candidate targeting foundational immunomodulatory mechanisms for the potential treatment of solid tumors.
In addition to presentations by PureTech's senior team, the R&D Day will feature talks from renowned scientists and physicians, including:
· Toby Maher, M.D., professor of clinical medicine and director of interstitial lung disease at Keck School of Medicine of the University of Southern California
· Siddhartha Mukherjee, M.D., DPhil, clinician and researcher at Columbia University and Pulitzer Prize-winning author of The Emperor of all Maladies and The Gene
· Stanley Rockson, M.D., Allan and Tina Neill professor of lymphatic research and medicine at Stanford University; chief of consultative cardiology and director of the Stanford Center for Lymphatic and Venous Disorders
· Zev Wainberg, M.D., co-director of the UCLA GI Oncology Program and assistant professor of medicine at UCLA
"PureTech's inaugural R&D Day is an opportunity to bring together field-leading experts within our expansive global network to discuss the unique therapeutic opportunities within lymphatics and related immunology," said Daphne Zohar, chief executive officer of PureTech Health. "We have made great progress across our Wholly Owned Pipeline, which now includes four product candidates and three discovery platforms, and we look forward to detailing our differentiated approach towards addressing major diseases."
The agenda for PureTech's R&D Day is:
· Welcome from Chris Viehbacher, chairman of PureTech Board of Directors, and Bob Horvitz, Ph.D., chairman of PureTech R&D Committee
· Perspectives from Daphne Zohar
Lymphatic Science Overview
· The science underlying our Wholly Owned Pipeline, including the biology of the BIG Axis, lymphatic system and related immunology: Joe Bolen, Ph.D., chief scientific officer at PureTech
· A clinical perspective on lymphatics and the need for innovation in lymphatic disorders and beyond: Stanley Rockson, M.D. (includes Q&A)
Fibrotic and Inflammatory Conditions - Unmet Need and LYT-100
· Deep dive into LYT-100 and its potential to treat a range of conditions involving fibrosis, inflammation and impaired lymphatic flow: Michael Chen, Ph.D., head of innovation at PureTech
· A pulmonology perspective on interstitial lung diseases, including IPF and Long COVID, and the unmet need: Toby Maher, M.D., Ph.D. (includes Q&A)
· Remarks from Eric Elenko, Ph.D., chief innovation officer at PureTech
Immuno-Oncology - Prioritizing Targets and Future Directions
· Perspectives on the field of immuno-oncology, where we are today and the clinical landscape: Siddhartha Mukherjee, M.D., DPhil, and Zev Wainberg, M.D.
· Deep dive into LYT-200 and targeting galectin-9 for a range of cancer indications: Aleksandra Filipovic, M.D., Ph.D., head of oncology at PureTech
· Fireside chat: What's next? The future of immuno-oncology with Drs. Zev Wainberg and Siddhartha Mukherjee (includes Q&A)
· PureTech's vision for future growth and Q&A session with the PureTech senior management team
A webcast of the event will be available on the Investors section of PureTech's website under Events & Presentations.
To register for PureTech's R&D Day, please sign up here.
About PureTech Health
PureTech is a clinical-stage biotherapeutics company dedicated to discovering, developing and commercializing highly differentiated medicines for devastating diseases, including intractable cancers, lymphatic and gastrointestinal diseases, central nervous system disorders and inflammatory and immunological diseases, among others. The Company has created a broad and deep pipeline through the expertise of its experienced research and development team and its extensive network of scientists, clinicians and industry leaders. This pipeline, which is being advanced both internally and through PureTech's Founded Entities, is comprised of 24 products and product candidates, including two that have received U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) clearance and European marketing authorization. All of the underlying programs and platforms that resulted in this pipeline of product candidates were initially identified or discovered and then advanced by the PureTech team through key validation points based on the Company's unique insights into the biology of the brain, immune and gut, or BIG, systems and the interface between those systems, referred to as the BIG Axis.
For more information, visit www.puretechhealth.com or connect with us on Twitter @puretechh.
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
This press release contains statements that are or may be forward-looking statements, including statements that relate to our product candidates and approach towards addressing major diseases, future prospects, developments, and strategies. The forward-looking statements are based on current expectations and are subject to known and unknown risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results, performance and achievements to differ materially from current expectations, including, but not limited to, our expectations regarding the potential therapeutic benefits of PureTech's product candidates and those risks and uncertainties described in the risk factors included in the regulatory filings for PureTech Health plc. These forward-looking statements are based on assumptions regarding the present and future business strategies of the company and the environment in which it will operate in the future. Each forward-looking statement speaks only as at the date of this press release. Except as required by law and regulatory requirements, neither the company nor any other party intends to update or revise these forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.